News and Announcements
Please ensure that your Coaches Paperwork is i, please click on the following links:
All coaches/mangers for Langley Baseball are required to undergo an RCMP criminal back ground check . CLICK HERE and follow the directions on line. Our access code is: K94ALZ8P66
If you have had a previous Criminal Record search done, please click the box to share the information on the bottom of the first page.
If you are required to have fingerprinting you will receive a letter from the Justice Institute instructing you to have fingerprints taken by the RCMP. If you live in Surrey, please visit the main detachment at 14355 57th Avenue Surrey, or call 604-599-0502. If you live in Langley, please call 604-532-3200 and ask for the front desk to arrange and appointment. Please take the letter from the Justice Institute with you.
Upon completion a letter regarding your criminal record check will be sent to the President of the club. Criminal Record checks will be good for 3 years.
- It is the Coaches responsibility to promote good sportsmanship and fair play of their team and parents at all times. Behave the way you want players and spectators too. Be positive and remember that all participants are special and important.
- Emphasize that participating and doing one’s best are more important than who wins or loses. Remind players that everyone is a valued member of the team. Keep it fun while developing their skills and constructive attitudes towards competition.
- Respect the Umpires
- Learn and respect the rules of the games.
- Managers and coaches are exempt from volunteer duties.
- A Coach must be prepared to spend time practicing with their team in order that the players have a chance to develop skills and team spirit.
Clinic’s are being held from 7-8:30 pm at James Hill Elementary
Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9
Please bring water
Well another Baseball season is upon us and with every pitch comes the need for Umpires. Umpiring is a great opportunity for Youth and Adults to improve their knowledge of the game and develop leadership skills. Langley Baseball provides training at no costs, but participants must attend the majority of the 6 clinics provided plus some on-field development in March.
1) umpires must be minimum 11 years old
2) be able to do 1 or 2 games a week, games on evenings and on weekends
3) have a basic knowledge of the game of baseball
4) be reliable to show up 20 minutes prior to game start time
5) be able to work well with other and able to take instruction
6) have your own indicator and brush (kits can be bought from the club)
7) have own uniform consisting of grey pants, red t-shirt or under-armor, black belt, black shoes, black socks and cup or jill
8) Umpire shirts and hats will be provided to umpires for use during games.
Please CLICK HERE to sign up. The sign up will help us build a communication list so please do take a few moments to fill in the short form.
IF THERE ARE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL … firstname.lastname@example.org
Langley Baseball has the opportunity to bulk purchase and offer you baseball pants for the 2017 season at the low price of $25.00!
We need to confirm interest and numbers prior to placing our order next month.
Please click on the registration heading and fill out our quick order form to confirm your order.
No payment is required at this time…just your commitment to pay on pickup when they arrive.
Check your sizing on the link below then CLICK HERE to order
SIZING CHART BELOW:
The document Combat Baseball Pants was attached to this post.
Langley Baseball will be holding an in person registration for families who would prefer to pay via cash or cheque.
Please join us at the* Al Anderson Pool, 4949 207 St, Langley BC on Saturday Jan 14th from 10am-2pm*
This will be the last opportunity to register with our early pricing which increase Jan 15th.
Please see pricing below:
4 to 6 $105.00
9 to 10 $200.00
13 to 19 $245.00
Please click on below link to confirm your players 2017 age play group.
The document 2017 Age Chart was attached to this post.
Langley Baseball is now accepting registration for the 2017 Spring Season.
Registration will close early this year on February 15th, 2017 to allow more time for team planning and evaluations so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Please CLICK HERE register now
Rates are as follows:
4 to 6 $130.00
9 to 10 $225.00
11 to 12 $250.00
13 to 16 $275.00
17 to 19 $275.00
A link to calculate your player’s 2017 placement age has been added at the bottom of this posting for your convenience. Please reference this link prior to registering.
Remember we can’t get our season started without the coaching staff in place so please do consider checking the volunteering option on your registration to coach or assistant coach. Please don’t question your ability to help coach a team; we will provide the support and guidance you need to perform your role.. We just need you to take the time and initiative to be a part of our team.
The document 2017 Age Play Chart was attached to this post.