News and Announcements
Langley Baseball will be hosting a Coaches Clinic for all interested coaches, and assistants:
Date is Sunday March. 19th from 12:00 pm -3:00 pm
Blastball & Tball:12:00 pm to 12:45 pm
7 and 8 year olds: 12:45 pm to 1:30 pm
9 to 12 year olds: 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Location is the Lacrosse Box behind Langley Secondary School just off of 56 Ave.
Please bring a glove, paper and pen and wear athletic clothing,
We will reviewing: line ups, scheduling, communication, running drills, stations,
Practice plans, goals, equipment, anything else people have questions about.
Look forward to seeing all of you there!
Our hearts and prayers go out to Langley Baseball’s Morin family who recently lost their mother and wife to breast cancer.
Friends and family celebrated her life this past Tuesday at a service held at North Langley Community Church.
A crowdfunding page has been set up for anyone wanting to help the kids and her husband. Please CLICK HERE if you can provide the family some support.
Evaluations will consist of different activities from throwing, catching, fielding and hitting and will take place over 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays.
We ask that you sign your child up for one Saturday Defensive evaluation and one Sunday Hitting Evaluation.
Click on the below link and register for 2 of 4 evaluations sessions (1 Saturday & 1 Sunday session):
Saturday Location: Lacrosse Box behind Langley Senior Secondary
Address: 21405-56th Ave, Langley, BC
Dates: Feb 18th or Feb 25th
Duration: 30 minutes
Sunday Location: The Armoury Baseball Academy
Address: #103-19232 Enterprise Way, Surrey, BC (Enter in the front / Exit the back)
Dates: Feb 19th or Feb 26th
Duration: 40 minutes
Player Equipment Requirements:
All players will attend wearing:
a. long sleeve shirt and long pants
b. jock/jill athletic protector
c. non-marking footwear (NO CLEATS)
d. baseball glove – Required Saturday (no bats)
e. baseball helmet and bat – This is all the equipment that’s required for the Sunday session. Due to space constraints please do not bring equipment bags to the Armoury
f. All players should bring something to drink as there is a high level of physical activity.
• All players are required to attend one Saturday session and one Sunday session. (please note your session so you don’t forget!)
• Players are requested to arrive 15 minutes before evaluation times to register and warm up. This will be critical to our efforts to get the players in and out as fast as possible so please be on time.
• When you arrive please look for the sign in table and have your player sign in. Your player will be directed to a warm up area. We ask parents and siblings NOT to be in the evaluation area during evaluations. This eliminates congestion and addresses safety issues.
It’s not too late to register and sign up for an evaluation time slot. Please have interested players go to www.langleybaseball.ca and register today!
If you have any questions regarding evaluations please contact Aviva Kaminski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your Coaches Paperwork is i, please click on the following links:
All coaches/mangers for Langley Baseball are required to undergo an RCMP criminal back ground check . CLICK HERE and follow the directions on line. Our access code is: K94ALZ8P66
If you have had a previous Criminal Record search done, please click the box to share the information on the bottom of the first page.
If you are required to have fingerprinting you will receive a letter from the Justice Institute instructing you to have fingerprints taken by the RCMP. If you live in Surrey, please visit the main detachment at 14355 57th Avenue Surrey, or call 604-599-0502. If you live in Langley, please call 604-532-3200 and ask for the front desk to arrange and appointment. Please take the letter from the Justice Institute with you.
Upon completion a letter regarding your criminal record check will be sent to the President of the club. Criminal Record checks will be good for 3 years.
- It is the Coaches responsibility to promote good sportsmanship and fair play of their team and parents at all times. Behave the way you want players and spectators too. Be positive and remember that all participants are special and important.
- Emphasize that participating and doing one’s best are more important than who wins or loses. Remind players that everyone is a valued member of the team. Keep it fun while developing their skills and constructive attitudes towards competition.
- Respect the Umpires
- Learn and respect the rules of the games.
- Managers and coaches are exempt from volunteer duties.
- A Coach must be prepared to spend time practicing with their team in order that the players have a chance to develop skills and team spirit.
Clinic’s are being held from 7-8:30 pm at James Hill Elementary
Feb 2, 9, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9
Please bring water
Well another Baseball season is upon us and with every pitch comes the need for Umpires. Umpiring is a great opportunity for Youth and Adults to improve their knowledge of the game and develop leadership skills. Langley Baseball provides training at no costs, but participants must attend the majority of the 6 clinics provided plus some on-field development in March.
1) umpires must be minimum 11 years old
2) be able to do 1 or 2 games a week, games on evenings and on weekends
3) have a basic knowledge of the game of baseball
4) be reliable to show up 20 minutes prior to game start time
5) be able to work well with other and able to take instruction
6) have your own indicator and brush (kits can be bought from the club)
7) have own uniform consisting of grey pants, red t-shirt or under-armor, black belt, black shoes, black socks and cup or jill
8) Umpire shirts and hats will be provided to umpires for use during games.
Please CLICK HERE to sign up. The sign up will help us build a communication list so please do take a few moments to fill in the short form.
IF THERE ARE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS PLEASE EMAIL … email@example.com